Sarah Foreman Memorial Post-Secondary Scholarship
This scholarship has been established as a memorial to long-time Little Theatre of Owatonna member Sarah Foreman who died in February 2006. Foreman’s work as a director extended through 30 years with her first work as a director of Matchmaker in 1975. She directed 18 shows and served on the board for 11 years in three separate terms. Foreman served as the Board President from 2002-2005 and was vice president upon her death.
At the time of her death, Sarah had just brought her last directing feat, Music Man, to the local stage. Sarah’s extensive contributions and dedication to theatre in Owatonna are memorialized in this scholarship.
This scholarship is meant to recognize and support the post-secondary education of a local person whose studies and/or participation in theatre distinguish him/her. Recipients will be chosen based on theatre involvement (past, present, future) including LTO, two letters of recommendation, academic achievements and educational goals, and college and/or community involvement beside theatre.
- The SARAH FOREMAN Memorial Post-Secondary Scholarship will be at least $1000.00.
- One scholarship may be awarded annually with no repeat recipients and eligible unsuccessful applicants are encouraged to re-apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the second or later year of a post-secondary education institution.
- Applicants must be a current or former resident of Steele County for more than one year.
- Applicants must be pursuing a major or minor in Theatre Arts or a degree which includes theatre involvement or have extensive participation in high school, college, and/or community theatre.
- Applications must reflect LTO involvement.
- Completed applications must be received no later than June 1 of the current year.
- The scholarship will be paid to the recipient upon documentation of paid tuition expenses incurred following the scholarship award.
- Application includes:
1. High School transcript
2. Post-Secondary Transcript
3. Application Form (BOTH sides)
4. Theatre Resume Form including LTO experience
5. Two Letters of Recommendation
Application details will be added when we are taking submissions.