Virtual Auditions set for LTO’s production of “CLUE: On Stage.”
LTO has announced virtual auditions for its 2021 winter production of “CLUE: On Stage” based on the Hasbro Boardgame CLUE and the Paramount Pictures Motion Picture with additional material by Hunter Foster and Eric Price. Original Music by David Abbinanti.
The auditions will take place virtually on Sunday, December 6 and Monday, December 7 from 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Please see our website at: https://littletheatreofowatonna.org/upcoming-auditions/ to register for an audition time and more information.
Zackery Knapton is the director and Sandee Hardy-Hagen the technical director.
It’s a dark and stormy night, and you’ve been invited to a very unusual dinner party. Each of the guests has an alias, the butler offers a variety of weapons, and the host is, well . . . dead. So whodunnit? Join the iconic oddballs known as Scarlet, Plum, White, Green, Peacock, and Mustard as they race to find the murderer in Boddy Manor before the body count stacks up. Based on the cult classic film and the popular board game, Clue is a madcap comedy that will keep you guessing until the final twist.
LTO is looking to cast 12 roles and 1 or 2 understudies at this time.
- WADSWORTH, a traditional British butler in every sense: uptight,
formal and “by the book.” He is the driving force in the play.
- YVETTE, a loyal and sexy French maid.
- MISS SCARLET, a dry, sardonic D. C. madam, more interested in secrets than sex.
- MRS. PEACOCK, the wealthy wife of a senator. A bit batty, neurotic, and quick to hysteria.
- MRS. WHITE, a pale, morbid, and tragic woman. Mrs. White may or may not be the murderer of her five ex-husbands.
- COLONEL MUSTARD, a puffy, pompous, dense, blowhard of a military man.
- PROFESSOR PLUM, an arrogant academic, easily impressed by himself.
- MR. GREEN, a timid yet officious rule follower. He’s awfully anxious.
- THE COOK, a gruff woman with a threatening presence. (Alive and Dead.)
- SINGING TELEGRAM GIRL, a tap dancer with a heart of gold. (Alive and Dead.)
ENSEMBLE MAN 1:
- MR. BODDY, a slick, Frank Sinatra, film noir-esque type fella. (Alive and Dead.)
ENSEMBLE MAN 2:
- THE “BROKEN DOWN CAR” COP, a regular Joe. (Alive and Dead.)
- BACKUP COP, backup for the chief.
ENSEMBLE MAN 3
- THE MOTORIST, a benign gentleman who rings the wrong doorbell. (Alive and Dead.)
- CHIEF OF POLICE, a cop who helps to save the day.
Understudies would need to be at all rehearsals just like a full cast role to learn the part(s) and be available to perform the part(s) as needed.
Audition packets are now available at Tri M Graphics 625 E. Main Street and online at: https://littletheatreofowatonna.org/upcoming-auditions/
Performances will be at 7:30 p.m., Feb. 12, 13, 19, 20 with matinee performances at 2 p.m. Feb. 14 and 21.
“Clue: On Stage” is presented by special arrangement with The Araca Group, Work Light Productions, and Michael Barra/Lively McCabe Entertainment.